Our college will create a positive and rewarding academic environment that facilitates research and scholarly activity. Innovation and entrepreneurial activities will be encouraged and supported while developing individuals who are capable of meeting the oral health needs of society.
Increase Interaction Between Research & Clinical Faculty Throughout the Health care Fields
- Establish and sustain mechanisms to facilitate collaboration between clinical and basic science faculty to foster clinical, educational and research opportunities.
- Provide resources to support clinical faculty research development.
Increase Our National & International Research Competitiveness & Presence
- Prioritize basic and clinical research directions consistent with University strengths, as well as present and future funding.
- Expand and create research opportunities and infrastructures to support and increase global funding and presence.
- Increase the number and breadth of expertise of our research faculty.
- Evaluate and improve our research infrastructure, to include physical facilities and networks of researchers.
- Increase interactions among students, basic science and clinical faculty in research endeavors.
- Engage and collaborate with research centers of excellence in the university and internationally.
Expand Our Knowledge of Population Health
- Promote research on health inequalities, disparities and social determinants of health.
- Address the oral health needs of South Carolina by contributing evidenced based research, education and service.
- Promote the integration of oral health into the existing College of Medicine’s Department of Public Health Sciences.
- Foster competencies in population health and public health sciences in the context of oral health promotion and care delivery.
- Apply population health and public health principles to improve oral health status and integrated care systems in South Carolina.
Foster Entrepreneurial Activity & Innovation Among Students & Faculty
- Promote innovation and/or entrepreneurship in clinical delivery, education and research through recognition and awards.
- Partner with university resources to facilitate industry partnerships.